We move big things and are constantly in motion ourselves. So that it stays that way, we are looking for you. Together we make Europe's leading company for wagon rental and innovative logistics solutions even more successful. We are looking forward to meet you! You can find more information about current job offers at vtg.de/karriere
To secure our fleet size VTG is continuously procuring new freight wagons, modular assets and steel components. Engineering, technical development and optimization is integral part of any purchase project. We understand the procurement of new assets as key to integrate future technologies and main enabler for successful future business.
For our Business Unit Railcar Europe in Hamburg we are looking for you as International Strategic Procurement Manager (m/f/d) Newbuild Rolling Stock Freight as soon as possible.
- Development of procurement strategies and concepts for newbuild wagons, modular assets and railway/steel components
- Implement strategies in tenders and purchase projects
- Negotiations, conclusion of contracts and agreements
- Permanent monitoring of purchasing opportunities (General, specific, validation)
- Monitoring of international wagon and asset procurement market
- Contract management
- Implement e-sourcing
- Successfully completed Bachelor`s or Master`s degree with technical background
- Experienced in contract- and procurement laws
- Profound knowledge of international industrial procurement
- Industrial knowledge in the rail sector is desirable
- Excellent negotiation skills and assertiveness
- Self dependent / Independent working mode
- Full proficiency and fluent in English, additional east European language desirable
- Perfect communication skills
- Good knowledge of common Microsoft applications
- High willingness to travel (to Hamburg and international)
- Working place: Hamburg, remote negotiable
Are you keen on tasks that move? Shape the future of VTG with us and experience exciting challenges and genuine cooperation in motivated teams. We look forward to your know-how and your enthusiasm!