VTG Rail UK Ltd is an award-winning organisation, pioneering innovative design, leading research and the development of industry standards for rail freight rolling stock. As part of VTG AG, Europe’s leading wagon hire and rail logistics company, it has substantial experience and resources underpinning its UK operations. As Operations Director, you will be responsible for leading the operational performance and commercial management of the fleet; delivering market leading customer service to ensure that the business objectives are met whilst ensuring the safe operation of the fleet.
The role will involve:
- leading the formulation and implementation of the service delivery strategy
- helping to set the strategic framework and expectation of our supply chain partners. Monitoring and managing the performance against the strategy and agreed KPI’s
- leading the implementation of a systems based approach within the operations team
- ensuring the compliance of our QMS processes by the Operations team
- actively engage with all customers supporting the team in the provision of timely performance data whilst looking for enhancements to VTG’s offer
- supporting Sales to communicate future operational plans, demonstrating the value brought by leasing from VTG
- measuring customer’s service satisfaction levels with VTG
- leading the innovation and CI within the Operations team, creating an environment that brings healthy challenge, rewards ideas and promotes new ways of working
Experience & Skills:
- member of an Engineering institute, you will possess a minimum HNC in a Mechanical Engineering discipline and have substantial management experience within an engineering team, ideally within the railway or vehicle sector
- have a good knowledge of Health and Safety and audit procedures
- possess first class project management skills
- have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- be a strong negotiator with commercial awareness and business acumen
We seek an innovative, process driven leader who knows how to deliver exceptional customer service through a highly proficient and experienced team. If you have the passion, enthusiasm and leadership skills to fulfil this role please send your CV and covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet our needs to Debbie Field, HR & Office Manager: Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org / or if you would like more information about the role please contact Debbie Field on 0121 421 9183.
VTG Rail UK Ltd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment.