- Optimized for the transportation of liquified natural gas (LNG; methane, cryogenically liquefied).
- Special suspension and storage technology for the inner tank inside the outer tank to guarantee the required safety and energy efficiency when transporting LNG at temperatures as low as -162°C.
Ready for transportation in Spain:
- Buffer head width: 650 mm
- Distance between buffer centers: 1,850 mm
- Special preparations for lifting the wagon with the bogie frame.
|Tare weight||approx. 45 t|
|Axle load||22.5 t|
|Clearance: outer wheelsets||20,366 mm|
|Min. curve radius||75 m|
|Brake block category||K brake block|
|Crash buffer||Crash buffer|
|Safety equipment||• 25 t axles with noise reduction coating |
• Safety device to prevent excess pressure and overfilling
• Telematics system to prepare for pressure monitoring
|Tank material||Outside: Carbon steel (S355NL2) |
Inside: Stainless steel
|Nominal volume||approx. 111 m³|
|Design temperature||-196 / +50°C|
|Thermal insulation||• Vacuum between inner and outer tank |
• Inner tank insulated
Need a quick fix or a long-term lease? Individual freight wagons or a whole train? Whatever you need, you will find it in our portfolio: the right tank cars, standard freight wagons, modular freight wagons, tank containers and modular superstructures. Especially if you have special requirements, you will benefit from the impressive technical capabilities of our experts and our fleet of highly specialized wagons.
Looking for a reliable partner to manage your fleet? VTG handles every aspect of management, including technical support for your fleet. That gives you more time to devote to your core business, while we oversee the maintenance and revision of your freight wagons.
Another option is the sale-and-lease-back approach: We buy your fleet and lease it back to you. The benefit to you? You only lease the rolling stock you really need from VTG, leaving you free to invest the freed up human and capital resources elsewhere.
VTG provides you with a broad spectrum of services for the equipment you lease. You can benefit from our years of experience, in-depth specialized knowledge and the dedication of our experts. We would be happy to advise you on all technical and legal issues surrounding rail freight transports, including safety requirements for the transportation of sensitive goods. On request, we can even train and instruct your people.